Reading Response

     Purple Hibiscus is a very interesting book in my opinion. I think it is very cool how the author incorporates real life Nigerian culture within the book. Culture is fun to learn about because it is completely different everywhere you go. Not one place has the same as the other. Also I think it is very interesting how the author switches between after Palm Sunday, before Palm Sunday, and present time.
    I think it is very sad to hear how the dad takes over the children's lives, and makes them do certain things they do not want to do. If you read the back of the book it says that the mom commits a desperate act. I am very curious to what that act is and the effect it has on the book. Things like that make anxious to keep reading, but I do not want to read to fast because it will be over too soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hurricane Katrina

My Summer Time

Track Athlete Poem