Symbolism

It was a rainy summer night. Tommy just accidentally stepped in a puddle on his way in to his house. He hurried in to clean off his shoes. He had never gotten them dirty, wet, or ripped. Even though he's been through so many things in his life time they still fit from when his grandfather gave them to him when he was 12 years old.
     He had been through deaths, bad grades, punishments, wars, and many storms. His mom walked and asked him "Tommy why in the world do you still care for those shoes? They are so old." Tommy replied "Mom you know papa gave these to me right before he passed, I want to keep these as good as new." Tommy's mom answered with "Oh yeah I'm sorry baby I forgot, that is very sentimental of you to care for them still." Tommy said "it's ok i just know papa is always watching me and taking care of me so I'm always gonna take care of him." Tommy could not be more grateful for these shoes.

     In this story Tommy's shoes symbolize 2 things. They symbolize hardships. And they also symbolize the love Tommy has for his grandfather.

Comments

  1. Good use of dialogue to create an emotional atmosphere for the reader!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hurricane Katrina

My Summer Time

Track Athlete Poem